October 8, 2014
Often times I sit back and ask myself "Self, how can you claim Fall to be your favorite season when you hate everything that represents it?" Well self is a little presumptuous, I just hate all things pumpkin flavored and candy corn but sign me up for boots, blazers, and crisp mornings. When I think of candy corn, I envision chalk and sugar dipped in food coloring and somehow I've managed to produce a son who adores this seasonal failure. Last night we ventured into the kitchen for some baking fun and created these easy, fun, and festive cupcakes. Found out how you can recreate these tasty treats after the jump.
July 12, 2014
July 11, 2014
June 23, 2014
They also sell a few other gifts. I wish I could share the glass I bought but since it's an upcoming birthday gift womp womp!
Our favorite was the Yadkin Gold and of course the signature Category 5. So we grabbed a few bottle for home. Next time we go we'll definitely pick up a bottle and hang out in one of the rocking chairs overlooking the vineyard. I also hear they have some pretty kick azz events on the grounds so I'll have to check one of those out soon. Like Friday soon, for the Sunset Music Festival. :-)
June 22, 2014
- provide immediate cooling relief in a convenient disposable product,
- they need no refrigeration
- sized to fit a child's forehead
- cooling effect of each sheet lasts up to 8 hrs
- non medicated so they are safe to use with medication
What Did I Think??
- They do adhere very easily to my child's head. Even with my child being a pretty wild sleeper it stayed put. At one point the sheet did begin to shift but it did "re stick" to his forehead.
- I appreciate its adhesive component minus the stickiness
- While I can't say it actually reduced his fever he did describe it as "cool" and allowed him to go to sleep and rest, which we know is the best medicine.
- 2 comes in a pack with a resealable pack that is suppose to preserve the 2nd sheets. It doesn't work. We ended up throwing one away and I HATE wasting money. Pt the other in a Ziploc bag and it'll be fine.
- I felt these are a little pricey. A box of 4 will run you about $4.50 at your local drugstore.
I would/will buy these again if for no other reason than the fact that my prince believes in the magic of them. I do think they bought some time for the medicine to become effective and like I said, allowed him to rest. I'm actually considering them, along with hydration, for the summer during outdoor activities to prevent overheating.
Again, you can find the Be Kool sheets at your local drugstore (CVS, Walgreens, etc)
- Zoya Purity
- Zoya America
- Sinful Colors Sinful Shine Most Sinful
- Winstonia plate W107
- Winstonia plate W103
- Underground Cosmetics Quickie fast drying topcoat